Explore by Level
Wall Street and FDR
Sutton, Antony C.
1975, January 1
Franklin D. Roosevelt is frequently described as one of the greatest presidents in American history, remembered for his leadership during the Great Depression and Second World War. Antony Sutton challenges this received wisdom, presenting a controversial but convincing analysis. Based on an extensive study of original documents, he concludes that:
- FDR was an elitist who influenced public policy in order to benefit special interests, including his own.
- FDR and his Wall Street colleagues were ‘corporate socialists’, who believed in making society work for their own benefit.
- FDR believed in business but not free market economics. Sutton describes the genesis of ‘corporate socialism’ – acquiring monopolies by means of political influence – which he characterises as ‘making society work for the few’.
He traces the historical links of the Delano and Roosevelt families to Wall Street, as well as FDR’s own political networks developed during his early career as a financial speculator and bond dealer. The New Deal almost destroyed free enterprise in America, but didn’t adversely affect FDR’s circle of old friends ensconced in select financial institutions and federal regulatory agencies. Together with their corporate allies, this elite group profited from the decrees and programmes generated by their old pal in the White House, whilst thousands of small businesses suffered and millions were unemployed. Wall Street and FDR is much more than a fascinating historical and political study. Many contemporary parallels can be drawn to Sutton’s powerful presentation given the recent banking crises and worldwide governments’ bolstering of private institutions via the public purse.
To Aid Your Exploration
Alternative News Links
These are links to news resources/blogs that are an alternative to the mainstream media. The people behind these sites are dedicated to getting at the truth.
- Corey's Diggs
- Dauntless Dialogue
- Epoch Times
- Mercola (health news)
- Mises Institute
- Mish Talk (economics & politics)
- Naked Capitalism
- Natural News
- No More Fake News (Jon Rappoport)
- Of Two Minds (Charles Hugh Smith)
- Peak Prosperity (Chris Martenson)
- Rise TV (use to be Edge of Wonder TV)
- SGT Report -- The Corporate Propaganda Antidote
- Stillness in the Storm (news compilation)
- The Corbett Report
- The Defender (Children's Health Defense News & Views)
- The Highwire with Del Bigtree (website)
- The Highwire with Del Bigtree (Brighteon video channel)
- The Solari Report (Catherine Austin Fitts)
- Unlimited Hangout w/ Whitney Webb
- U.S. Right To Know
- Vineyard of the Saker