Explore by Level
Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present
Washington, Harriet A.
2008, January 8
From the era of slavery to the present day, starting with the earliest encounters between Black Americans and Western medical researchers and the racist pseudoscience that resulted, Medical Apartheid details the ways both slaves and freedmen were used in hospitals for experiments conducted without their knowledge—a tradition that continues today within some black populations.
It reveals how Blacks have historically been prey to grave-robbing as well as unauthorized autopsies and dissections. Moving into the twentieth century, it shows how the pseudoscience of eugenics and social Darwinism was used to justify experimental exploitation and shoddy medical treatment of Blacks. Shocking new details about the government’s notorious Tuskegee experiment are revealed, as are similar, less-well-known medical atrocities conducted by the government, the armed forces, prisons, and private institutions.
The product of years of prodigious research into medical journals and experimental reports long undisturbed, Medical Apartheid reveals the hidden underbelly of scientific research and makes possible, for the first time, an understanding of the roots of the African American health deficit. At last, it provides the fullest possible context for comprehending the behavioral fallout that has caused Black Americans to view researchers—and indeed the whole medical establishment—with such deep distrust.
To Aid Your Exploration
Alternative News Links
These are links to news resources/blogs that are an alternative to the mainstream media. The people behind these sites are dedicated to getting at the truth.
- Corey's Diggs
- Dauntless Dialogue
- Epoch Times
- Mercola (health news)
- Mises Institute
- Mish Talk (economics & politics)
- Naked Capitalism
- Natural News
- No More Fake News (Jon Rappoport)
- Of Two Minds (Charles Hugh Smith)
- Peak Prosperity (Chris Martenson)
- Rise TV (use to be Edge of Wonder TV)
- SGT Report -- The Corporate Propaganda Antidote
- Stillness in the Storm (news compilation)
- The Corbett Report
- The Defender (Children's Health Defense News & Views)
- The Highwire with Del Bigtree (website)
- The Highwire with Del Bigtree (Brighteon video channel)
- The Solari Report (Catherine Austin Fitts)
- Unlimited Hangout w/ Whitney Webb
- U.S. Right To Know
- Vineyard of the Saker